Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce Finance & Audit Committee
The Finance & Audit Committee manages the Chamber's finances and accounting, oversees the Chamber’s annual operating budget, makes recommendations to the Executive Committee, and reports to the Board on the financial status of the organization.
The Finance & Audit Committee is chaired by the General Treasurer of the Chamber. Committee members are selected by the Board.
The Finance & Audit Committee:
- Supervises the accounting policies and practices of the Chamber.
- Oversees annual accounts, financial records and reports.
- Appoints a firm of auditors to carry out an annual audit of accounts and reviews the results of each audit with the auditor.
- Reviews and recommends the Chamber’s annual operating budget.
- Reviews this budget periodically during the fiscal year to check budgetary conformance.
- Recommends to the Board investment of Chamber funds and disposal of securities.