Chicagoland is one of the largest economic centers in the world
Chicagoland offers you the market access, diversity and resources you need to grow a successful business.
- Chicago is the third largest city in the United States.
- Chicagoland boasts a population of 9.5 million, 4.5 million jobs and a $500 billion economy.
- A culturally-diverse workforce that encompasses over 132 language groups.
- A globally-diversified economy: 160 company headquarters, 30 Fortune 500 company headquarters, 12 Fortune Global 500 and 10 Financial Times Global 500 companies.
- A global communications hub built around one of the world’s most advanced telecommunications infrastructures.
- The world’s transportation crossroads. Global gateway to 65 international and 149 U.S. business centers, and the largest intermodal-container capacity in the Western Hemisphere.
- A young, entrepreneurial, cosmopolitan, diverse and international workforce.
- Multiple tech incubators and co-working spaces.
- A hub for agribusiness, life sciences and manufacturing.
An exciting city to work and live
Chicagoland is blossoming economically, and is one of the most vital business-friendly regions in the U.S. having reinvented itself with great success. Formerly an industrial city, it has increased the number of professional and service-sector jobs it offers.
The city and its surrounding communities are flourishing. The addition of new parks and cultural venues, strong interest in historic and architectural preservation, and an explosion in the number of people living downtown has sparked a boom in development and construction.
Chicago is one of the few affordable cosmopolitan cities in the world. Attractions include:
- 80 miles of public shoreline along Lake Michigan.
- Outstanding public, private, and parochial schools.
- Several of the world’s finest colleges and universities.
- Home to America’s urban campus, 17 of Chicago’s largest not-for-profit higher education institutions collaborating on a range of initiatives.
- Leading post-graduate schools.
- Extensive public transportation that serves most corners of the region 24/7.
- Some of the nation’s best known tourism attractions.
- A world-class cultural and culinary scene.